Jim's Wheel -
Double treadle shown in maple
To order a double treadle wheel, add a standard wheel to your cart (below right)with your choice of wood, then add the double treadle (+$120) in options below.
custom made for YOU,
Single treadle shown in cherry
Standard wheel : $820
- Single wide treadle - spin with either or both feet
- Double Drive Tensioner that even a confirmed Scotch Tension spinner can understand.
- Maple woods with optional accent wood in cherry or walnut
- 2 whorls allow for for fine or heavier spinning
- flyer can be removed without disturbing the drive bands
- pinch hook slider on flyer
- ball bearings so minimal oiling needed
- 15 pounds
- 4 bobbins
- Lazy Kate
- Cherry or Walnut as main wood ($845)
- Single Drive - (at no extra charge if stated at time of order)
- Extra Bobbins @ $45
- Your choice of flyer - standard or large orifice.
walnut, maple, cherry wood options
And here's a review of the Hilltopper.
|"This wheel is smoother than my Lendrum." RL from Buffalo
Your choice of flyer - Standard flyer on left
uses an orifice hook and is fine for all kinds of spinning. Flyer on right
has a very large orifice, needs no hook and works best for those who spin straight on in front of them.
All wheels come with 4 (5 - 7 oz) hand turned bobbins and a Lazy Kate that can stand vertically or horizontally.
All wheels are made one-at-a-time, by hand, creating a unique, fine, furniture quality wooden spinning wheel for you.
Choose your options, then click Add to Cart. You will be charged 40% of the cost of your wheel now. Once we receive your order we will give you an estimated completion month.
When your wheel is ready we will contact you for the remaining 60% plus shipping/crating charges. All wheels are professionally packed and shipped.
Questions? Please call 866-504-7236
Sorry, no free shipping on these wheels.
There have been several requests for a purpleheart wheel. Purpleheart is beautiful but dense. Your wheel will be heavier but more like a production wheel.
Base cost of a purpleheart wheel is $1675. Please call (866-504-7236) to discuss your options.
The costs listed below are 40% of the total.
You will be charged the balance when your wheel is ready.
"Very easy to spin." "Smooth." "Spins fine or worsted with ease." "So reasonabley priced. I want one."
Susan, who is a dedicated single drive spinner said, "I get it. I can finally spin with a double drive. This is so easy to use."
We know this is a large purchase so please email or call with your questions.